• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

08 Kobelco 210 SK; swings left

Rngrchad

Occupation
Operator/driver
I've got a Kobelco 210 sk; I have checked the swingbrake switch behind the cab for correct setting so I'm sorta confident the swingbrake switch isn't to blame. Here is what's happening; I'll operate the machine for a few minutes and all is fine, then magically if I swing left(only happens on left swing) the machine will continue spinning after I've come to neutral on the joystick so naturally my instinct is to run the joystick to the right which oddly speeds up the left swing and at this point the only way I've found to stop it is to stab the bucket teeth in the ground. We had a guy get in this machine and smack his pickup truck because of this! Any ideas of where to start is great. I really appreciate this forum and thank you all in advance.
-Chad

lantraxco

Full model and serial would help maybe... -8? DLC?

There are two big relief valves screwed into the head of the swing motor, first guess is one of those is sticking or jamming open. The other thing that would bear attention is there's a manifold valve bolted on top of the swing motor, parts book describes it a "Valve Assy, Swing-Reactionless" and there's another two valves screwed in to that, also appear to be relief valves?

Rngrchad

Occupation
Operator/driver
Kobelco swings left won't stop

Yea it is a -8. Thanks for the timely reply. I will get the machine numbers this afternoon.

Rngrchad

Occupation
Operator/driver
SERIAL # YQ09-UF083
Sk210-8

And here's a pic of the hard working old girl. She's been beat on pretty hard unfortunately. Great machine.

2s0gt5l.png

Rngrchad

Occupation
Operator/driver
Ended up being a spool that was sticking open. What appeared to be a clearish rubber band looking wad jammed into it not allowing it to close; at least this was how I was to understand it just wanted to update incase anyone stumbles on this thread.