• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1984 120G grader

Toxin

Its possible but i thinking the rings are shot and its not building enough pressure to fire injectors.

Toxin

Does anybody know if a 3304 is rebiuldable.a guy told me they were a throw away engine basically.they said they arent sleeved so couldnt rebuild or not worth rebuilding.anybody ever heard that before?

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The 3304 is fully rebuildable, and a good little engine. It has replaceable liners and plenty of parts are still available for them.
The guy who advised you wrongly was getting confused with the 3204 engine, which has a parent block (no liners). But even the 3204 is quite rebuildable.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Does anybody know if a 3304 is rebiuldable.a guy told me they were a throw away engine basically.they said they arent sleeved so couldnt rebuild or not worth rebuilding.anybody ever heard that before?
See @OzDozer reply above. The engine is rebuildable ad infinitum, but you will need a Parts Manual first in order to be able to correctly identify the parts that you need. This will apply whether you buy from a dealer or aftermarket.

The applicable Parts Manual is Cat Publication reference SEBP1711 (for machines S/N 87V8360-Up) and you can download one from HERE.
You might find a used paper one like this one on Ebay which is a steal @ $25 + shipping.

1700670111688.png