• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1990 International 466 brake switch

Big ace

I cannot find brake switch. Lights are not working. I checked fuse box and fuses are good.

mitch504

I think the switch behind the seat is a tractor thing, so if you don't see it there, look all around the treadle (foot brake) valve which is under the dash if yourpedal hinges from the top. I have also seen them on the outside of the firewall, under the hood.

Big ace

I have checked all arroind brake peddle. Nothing there. Checked outside firewall and nothing there

crane operator

Its got to be in the air line somewhere after the treadle. Follow the wires from the brake lights back toward the cab, and follow the air after it leaves the pedal. Somewhere they meet.

Interior pic shows where my switch is in a 8300. Behind the upholstery.

Firewall pic, that's supply to the pedal, and the lines out to the brakes. Find which set is going to the brakes and follow them.

international 4900 interior_LI.jpg international 4900 firewall_LI (2).jpg

Big ace

Its got to be in the air line somewhere after the treadle. Follow the wires from the brake lights back toward the cab, and follow the air after it leaves the pedal. Somewhere they meet.

Interior pic shows where my switch is in a 8300. Behind the upholstery.

Firewall pic, that's supply to the pedal, and the lines out to the brakes. Find which set is going to the brakes and follow them.

View attachment 222686 View attachment 222687

My outside fire wall resemble yours but i dont see a pressure valve

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Will generally look like a automotive oil pressure switch, larger diameter tin with a black plastic contact retainer center crimped in place, two wire connectors. Between the seats is most likely.

6243_01__42752.1593527131.PNG

Big ace

Will generally look like a automotive oil pressure switch, larger diameter tin with a black plastic contact retainer center crimped in place, two wire connectors. Between the seats is most likely.

6243_01__42752.1593527131.PNG
Yes, i actually purchased one from international