• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1990 International 466 brake switch

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
On the older Internasties Straight Trucks they would bury them on the side of the foot valve under the dash, always less than accessible except for tiny hands/

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
They would use plunger switches on the pedals but those were strictly for juice brakes. You sure you dont have a tractor protection valve in between the seats on the floor against the back panel?

Big ace

They would use plunger switches on the pedals but those were strictly for juice brakes. You sure you dont have a tractor protection valve in between the seats on the floor against the back panel?
I will check behind seat tomorrow , i have a full seat all the way across. No bucket seats

Big ace

Wiil check again, only thing that looks like the brake pressure switch is connected to PTO switch. I will look futher up under dashboard

mitch504

Huh, I thought that was only tractors. Do you have air lines going out through the back wall of the cab? Or trailer air to the back of the frame?

Either way, I'm glad you found it. There are so many options on those trucks, nobody can just tell you where it is.

Big ace

Huh, I thought that was only tractors. Do you have air lines going out through the back wall of the cab? Or trailer air to the back of the frame?

Either way, I'm glad you found it. There are so many options on those trucks, nobody can just tell you where it is.
Air lines come from back of frame

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I dare say for speed of assembly the Air Brake cabs are all one stop commonality shop assembly, uncertain if to be road tractor straight truck or full truck with trailer combinations.

charles walton

I started a tread a while back about my '79 2574 not having ANY lights except blinkers,I was hoping some of you fellows could help me out,I'm stumped on it.

Willyb2122

Behind the driver seat was where IH magically deployed their skills in positioning a switch that would be buried in detritus and filth.
I will check on this to know for the future. It’s at a heavy equipment and truck mechanics house now down the road from me. He’s going to help me out with it. I’ll update when I get some info. Thanks!