• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2014 Case SR250 Skid Steer, Intense Blow-by is Emptying my Crankcase Oil out the Dips Stick tube!

hd66

I've owned it 2 years and less than 20 hours put on it in that time! 1770 hrs approx on meter. Used it about 2 months ago for 3 hours and no problem with engine. A week ago it was used for about 1hr and then I Shut it off after using and opened engine compartment to shut off the power switch. There was Oil all over engine,rad etc..o_O. No oil not showing on the dip stick! I added oil and started it. Removed oil filler cap and intense blow-by coming out along with lots of oil! Also Puking oil out the dipstick tube. Understand this was not a gradual degradation of the engine and there's been nothing previous to this to indicate a problem. It sounds fine when running. No strange noises. Starts normal. Possible hole in Piston or broken piston?

aongheas.macask

Occupation
ex service manager
I've owned it 2 years and less than 20 hours put on it in that time! 1770 hrs approx on meter. Used it about 2 months ago for 3 hours and no problem with engine. A week ago it was used for about 1hr and then I Shut it off after using and opened engine compartment to shut off the power switch. There was Oil all over engine,rad etc..o_O. No oil not showing on the dip stick! I added oil and started it. Removed oil filler cap and intense blow-by coming out along with lots of oil! Also Puking oil out the dipstick tube. Understand this was not a gradual degradation of the engine and there's been nothing previous to this to indicate a problem. It sounds fine when running. No strange noises. Starts normal. Possible hole in Piston or broken piston?
Anything is possible but check the easy things first, make sure the crankcase breather is not blocked, if ok do a compression test and that will indicate bad piston, stuck or broken piston rings etc.

hd66

All good recommendations coming in! If anything Rare is going to happen to anyone, it's me.....! I wish it to be something simple like a plugged crankcase breather and or filter. If it's something bigger, I hope it's the Turbo Seal instead of something catastrophic in the engine!

63 caveman

if you had a dead hole that thing would be shaking and down on power. I'm with Coaldust on this one. BTW don't forget to make sure the oil drain tube is clear on the turbo.

hd66

Thank you. Had me baffled that engine performance is normal. Nothing was alerting me to a problem. I imagine the engine could have seized up if run much longer. Will be checking everything closely.

hd66

I think I need a service manual. This is called operators manual. 221 pages. Useful info but don't see the Crankcase Ventilation in it. Still looking. Not very user friendly in the PDF format, imho.