• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2016 CAT CB24B Electrical Problems?

bartmike

Serial Number: 2X400452 Hours: 3325

Recently got this unit in the shop from auction. Has a few codes in it that will clear on there own but come back when operating.

Hydraulic Temp
MID: 39 CID:600 FMI: 4

Fuel Level Sensor
MID: 39 CID: 96 FMI: 3

I have replaced both of these parts thinking that with the vibration of the machine they would fail over time. Got everything in and seemed on initial start up it was fine until i went to drive it. Haven't dug to deep into following the wiring after the connections yet as it seems something else is acting up. Also, can't get the hydraulic temp to read above 20 degrees fahrenheit, then at one point it was reading negative 40. This is with the new sensor. Fuel gauge/sending unit works too until you start moving the machine. Engine oil pressure reads at 44 PSI all the time as well, no matter what rpm or how warm the engine is. I know behind the fuse panel there is a control computer for all sensors, anyone know of a way of testing this without just throwing the part at it? I also have a diagnostic computer but do not have the right adapter to plug into this machine.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Those things were terrible for electrical problems. The alternators would not charge the batteries unless running at nearly high idle RPM. Most sit for long time periods and problems would settle in and show up when people needed them on a job.