• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

20Ton Tag Air ramp conversion

dieseldog5.9

Time to renovate the 20ton tag trailer, and honestly hate the ramps so going to build wider ramps and want to make them air raise. I know some new trailers offer this however looking to renovate this trailer. Has anyone attempted this?

Tags

I attempted it and succeeded, alls it took was a trip to a local trailer dealer and a big check! :D In all honesty that's exactly what I did a few years ago and was the best thing I ever did. I can snap some pics of the underside of the trailer so you can see how it's set up. Fairly straightforward, they use air bags to raise and lower.

dieseldog5.9

I made that suggestion to a customer of mine, however our business plan hasn't got to new trailer yet, our current ramps need work.

Pictures would be great.

A few years ago their was a similar conversation from someone else, but I cannot find it.

Hayden B.

Any updates on this as i am attempting to cross this same path with my heavy 8’ ramps. The spring assist is non existent so im wanting to figure out how to fabricate an airbag raise/lower system. Pics would be a awesome help trailer underside and bracketry on the ramp side