• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

235 cat Hydraulic problem

Dirtdozer

Occupation
commercial and residential Grading Contractor
Machine is operating great except the boom and bucket operate slow, very slow when engine warms or gets very hot. The oil is heating up quick and heating the motor too. Last temp reading was 264 degrees F. I'm hoping it is the seals in the head on the pump. I'm not sure and during these times working on a dead end is not a choice
Thanks,

Thanks for the site too. It is great.

Per Eriksson

Have you checked the case drain filter for signs of metal?

If you really want to make sure it is the pump you could shift the outputs from the pumps and the signallines, if the boom and bucket regains their former stregnth and glory you'll know for sure.

Dirtdozer

Occupation
commercial and residential Grading Contractor
I changed all filters last week no sign of any shaving, I had some funny looking gunk "snot" caught in some of the filter holes. My next step is to time my tracks. If a pump is week it should show through timing right? I will try swapping hoses also, I have never done that good idea. Thanks