• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310C injector pump

USA1

Ok, only fair to provide an update after all the help you guys provided...special thanks to thepumpguysc!
I received the pump back very promptly after tpg finished rebuilding it for me. I re-installed the pump last Friday night and finished putting everything back together Saturday. By Saturday noon we were all primed up and back in service. Grandson came over on Sunday and dug a half dozen holes to make sure everything was doing what it should. All buckled up and back in business!
A few notes for those that find themselves in similar situations...
1. The reason this whole thing started was the darn flex ring in the governor assy inside the pump looks like it broke in 1/2 and rainy pieces got caught in the return line check valve. TPG sent the old plastic pieces back with the pump and installed the upgrade.
2. I was lead to believe by a few books and a few people that the pump needed to be removed WITH the shaft. This created some confusion and delays in the disassembly / removal procedure. Now, I don’t know about later models but MY 1986 310C does NOT have a captive shaft. I simply needed to slide the pump towards the rear of the engine far enough to tilt it out and away from the shaft which remained bolted to the gear in the front engine cover.
3. On reassembly I simply followed TPG’s instructions and left the throttle arm tied back (TPG ties it back before he ships it back to you) until I had the pump fully forward and bolted in place
4. When reinstalling, I was very careful not to allow the cup (umbrella) seal that faces the pump to get turned over. I took my time and carefully tucked it in place as I slid the pump over it. So far I don’t see any rise in my engine oil level so I think I got it correct.
5. It takes time and patience to get prime again by bleeding fuel lines. Once I saw smoke at the exhaust I new that old girl was about to come to life!
Thanks again to everyone!