• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

333D face seal repair

Loudpipes66

I have a 2012 John Deere 333D with around1700 hours I bought used to use on my property. The left final has started to leak which I am assuming is the face seal. JD wants around $2200 for just the seals. My question is how difficult of a job is this? Can I pull the hub off but leave the final on the machine and replace the seals. I have tools for class 8 truck repair but not a lot of knowledge in equipment repair.

I am trying to decide whether to attempt the repair myself, take it to a shop, or sell it as is and find a different machine.
Thank you.

ozarkag

Is this an early serial with a rexroth drive? Or later one with Torque hub drive. Both can be done, the torquehub is possibly a little easier, as the rexroth was nit really made to work on.. . Try crcomponents.com for seals and also tools.

No need to remove final drive from machine,

Loudpipes66

Is this an early serial with a rexroth drive? Or later one with Torque hub drive. Both can be done, the torquehub is possibly a little easier, as the rexroth was nit really made to work on.. . Try crcomponents.com for seals and also tools.

No need to remove final drive from machine,
crcomponents.com is a great resource. Their videos are extremely informative, and I feel much more confident I can repair this myself. Funny thing is they never once came up in my google search for 333D face seal.

John V

Hey @Loudpipes66 , I've just purchased a 333d at auction. Has a couple engine related issues, but it does run and hydraulics work. How have you liked your machine? Anything you don't like about it?

Loudpipes66

Hi John. We have had it for almost 2 years now. This is my first skid loader so I don't much to compare it to.

I like that it has strong hydraulics and seems well balanced. It is easy to use and operate(so much so that my wife really enjoys running it and she is good at it!) I wanted a D not an E because from research they have a true Deere engine and no emissions!! High flow is nice to use a variety of attachments. We bought a cheap chinese JCT brush cutter and have been impressed with it as well. I have a JD 4600 compact tractor with front end loader. Since buying the 333 I haven't had the loader on the tractor for over a year and I sold my 3 pt brush hog.

I would have preferred an enclosed cab but the price was within my budget.

Any other questions feel free to ask. I have found this forum to be a great resource in the short time I have been on it.

Pigpen

crcomponents.com is a great resource. Their videos are extremely informative, and I feel much more confident I can repair this myself. Funny thing is they never once came up in my google search for 333D face seal.
I have dealt with CR Components several times and can attest that they provide incredible support and are highly knowledgeable on the Fairfield, Torque Hub final drives. Not having any prior experience rebuilding mine (331G), they guided me through the process with great patience.