• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

350x2 link-belt no auto shift from high to low speed

Scott Greathouse

FKCK1-4958 350x2 has no auto shift from high speed travel to low speed travel. not sure what to do to fix this, i can manually switch speeds with the high speed button but have to switch it off when i get to the point where unit cant pull itself up a steep hill or heavy mud. track,sprockets,rollers are all good just wont auto shift. thank you for your help with this.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Some how there should be a diagnostics menu on the monitor panel. I don't have the secret hand shake to get into it but I'll bet there is a place to check the operation of the switches. My bet is that there is a pressure switch that has a little bit of oil dripping out of it and it is electrically dead. I would say to follow the wring or the hydraulic pump to the main control valve hose and tubing connections looking for a switch that has some oily dirt all over it. My experiences with Link-Belt though tell me that oily dirt will be covering most everything anyway.