• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

401c pin removel

popper

Im working on replacing worn out bushings on the backhoe cylinder under the control levers. I got all the others out , but the main pin is giving me a time , the pin has a bolt on top that i cant get out cause the whole pin is turning. THe pin will drive up about a inch but thats it .I have tried pulling it out the bottom . any help would be great thanks

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I'm not familiar with the specific model you're working on. From your post, it sounds like you need to hold the pin from turning to be able to turn the bolt out, but have nowhere to grip it.

If that's the case, can you put some tension on that particular pin by moving the hoe a little? Raise it off the ground an inch, or push down into the ground--anything that'll put pressure enough on it to keep it from turning. Obviously, you are only going to put that tension on it in order to be able to loosen the bolt. Once the bolt is loose, you'll let everything get nice and relaxed again before you continue.

If that isn't the answer, or if I misunderstood the problem, maybe you can explain it in more detail...