• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4in1 bucket on CASE 1845C will not open

69zfarmer

I just bought my 1st. skid steer and i have some questions.It is a 1996 1845C w/3200 hrs. showing on the clock it has hand operated boom and bucket controls.It has a unknown brand 4in1 bucket on it.when i bought it the owner said the bucket would not open with hydraulics he could open it by rubbing it on the ground and backing up while using foot hydraulic pedal.It will close with power with foot pedal after you open it.It does stall the engine alittle when you try to open it w/foot control.He said a mechanic told him the left clam cylinder was bad and needed to be rebuilt to correct the problem.It is not leaking on the outside.How do i troubleshoot?I thought about backing my tractor to it and unhook quick connects off of skid steer and hook them to my tractor and try to operate the bucket with tractor hydraulics to rule out skidsteer problem.It needs a seat bad where is the best place to buy one?I love dealing w/Coleman Equiptment but i just thought i may get a seat cheaper some where else.Please Help!

RHINOS TRANNYS

Remove the lines to the cylinder and plug them off. Do not hook them tegether as the oil will just flow back to tank. Now that you have just the right side cylinder hooked up try it. If the clam works in both directions then your problem is a blown pison seal on the left side.
If it still does the same thing check the gable from the foot pedel to the valve. that it is moving the same distance in both directions. Hope it helps:)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
It needs a seat bad where is the best place to buy one?I love dealing w/Coleman Equiptment but i just thought i may get a seat cheaper some where else.Please Help!

Here's a skid loader style seat. Don't know the cost, but it's a good quality seat.

http://www.suburbanseats.com/p-heavy_equipment_seats-fss_1003_truck_seat.aspx?catid=13

If you want cheap, you could try Northern Tool & Equipment or Tractor Supply. But I'd rather have a good quality comfortable seat if I'm bouncing around on a basketball with 4 wheels. :D

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Skid Steers:

bouncing around on a basketball with 4 wheels. :D

ATCO, that's one of the best descriptions, I've ever read... lol

OCR... :)

OCR

Occupation
Skid Steers:

Well...wheeled skidloaders do have seat belts, and, lap bar. That just means...hang on! :D
Lol... no denying they're a handy little critter though; we've got an old, old, Melroe/Bobcat 510?, we no longer use, but it cleaned out a lot of Hog and Cattle sheds and pens, in it's day. We even used it to "scoop" wheat to a grain auger.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Lol... no denying they're a handy little critter though; we've got an old, old, Melroe/Bobcat 510?, we no longer use, but it cleaned out a lot of Hog and Cattle sheds and pens, in it's day. We even used it to "scoop" wheat to a grain auger.

Oh, don't misunderstand me my friend...wheeled skids are as handy as a pocket on a shirt. We've worn out 3 couplers on our 773 G Series from handling so many attachments. I've got to replace the chains soon, they're making a heck of a racket because they are stretched. But, in certain situations and terrains, a wheeled skid is like riding a basketball with 4 wheels. :D

OCR

Occupation
Skid Steers:

Oh no, no misunderstanding, ATCO... I agree 100% about the "riding a basketball" phenomena... :)

OCR

SDK 8 Bobcat

One other thought on the seat. Here in Southern Cal. the Yamaha Rhino UTV's are real popular. The first thing most people do when they buy them are to upgrade the seats. Most of the fab shops and Off Road shops have tons of the brand new "Take Off" seats laying around. I know quuite a few of them even throw them away. They look to be perfect for a skid steer. I just bought a used Toyota SDK 8 Bobcat that also has a trashed seat and it looks like one of these Rhino Seats is gong to be prefect. Not sure if the bolt pattern will line up though. I might have to add a few mounting holes. :) Just a thought.