• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

53 tractors gone

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
This was in yesterdays paper, thought I'd pass it on. Wonder if they were all Caterpillar? Moreton Island is just off the southern coast of Queensland, Australia.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,267
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,258

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I wonder with todays advancements in technology whether it would be worth trying to salvage any of those tractors, probably beaten to pieces after all this time.
Last year, scrap prices probably just about made it worth a shot :rolleyes: but not now :Banghead.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I wonder with todays advancements in technology whether it would be worth trying to salvage any of those tractors, probably beaten to pieces after all this time.
Last year, scrap prices probably just about made it worth a shot :rolleyes: but not now :Banghead.

Obviously the KoO hasn't read this thread yet... :)

JDOFMEMI

When he does, I can see him trying to build some pontoons for a couple of cats to try to float down there on. lol

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
i'm a little late but i'm here. i think the salt water would be a little hard on the cats. need a good fresh water lake in the great white north and salvage a cat that will run again.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
maybe you could do the same as we do with snowmobiles that break through the salt water. we throw them in freah water to get all the salt water out for a day or two then dry them then quickly trade them.

Cmark

I've just come back from a couple of days camping and fishing on Moreton Island. Nice place.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
plenty of photos of bogged 4wd's being claimed by the ocean.

I hope you are going to share :D it will be covered under Heavy Equipment if you were led to believe thats what they intended to use for recovery ;)

Cmark

Sorry Rob, I should have explained. The photos are all on the notice board in the general store.