• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580CK Lost hydraulics while digging

Delmer

Nothing left of the splines on the pump shaft then?

Don't worry too much about finding a used pump, they're common and relatively cheap to get new/aftermarket/rebuilt. Or if you want to do it cheap, if that's the standard 13 spline? then the spline and mounting pattern are almost universal with gear pumps, and you'd just need to find one close to the same size, and able to match up to your hoses.

Tinkerer

I noticed his website is unavailable a while ago.:(
He has been having serious health issues for a couple of years.
He was only working part time the last time I talked to him.
I have no idea if that has anything to do with the website.

TSemenuk

I noticed his website is unavailable a while ago.:(
He has been having serious health issues for a couple of years.
He was only working part time the last time I talked to him.
I have no idea if that has anything to do with the website.
I tried the phone number off my previous bill and it didn't go through.

Tinkerer

Look inside the coupler for the groove.
The parts book I took the image from doesn't show a snap ring.
All Case service manuals specify Molykote G for the splines. It is supposed to be brushed on. Smearing it on is a no no.
Gun grease is not acceptable because it has a short life span on them.

TSemenuk

Look inside the coupler for the groove.
The parts book I took the image from doesn't show a snap ring.
All Case service manuals specify Molykote G for the splines. It is supposed to be brushed on. Smearing it on is a no no.
Gun grease is not acceptable because it has a short life span on them.
I found this image when searching for the parts. It shows the snap ring inside the coupler. Mystery solved.
Is Molykote G just an anti-seize compound? I'm going to have to find a neighbourhood kid with a hand small enough to fit through the hole in the frame to brush it on the driveshaft from the engine.
upload_2022-11-6_4-53-34.pngupload_2022-11-6_4-53-34.png

TSemenuk

This is what the "shear bolt" looked like when the pump came off. I had to cut the nut off to remove the coupler from the driveshaft.
upload_2022-11-6_5-44-20.png

TSemenuk

I found this image when searching for the parts. It shows the snap ring inside the coupler. Mystery solved.
Is Molykote G just an anti-seize compound? I'm going to have to find a neighbourhood kid with a hand small enough to fit through the hole in the frame to brush it on the driveshaft from the engine.
View attachment 271837View attachment 271837
So I received the coupler and pump and the coupler doesn't have a C-clip or a groove inside to install one. I'm thinking it's an updated part and the C-clip isn't strictly required. Can anyone confirm?

TSemenuk

Dale warned me about checking the engine mounts before installing a new hydraulic pump. Does anyone have a photo of what I should check? Seems to me the engine is bolted to the front axle/rad support with 5/8" bolts. Am I missing something?
upload_2023-2-13_6-43-6.png

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I believe the bolts item 36 are dowl bolts that align the block with the front bolster. As long as they are tight or have not been replaced you should be alright.