• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580ck steering

WILIBUSTER

still trying, have taken of the steering pump, all bearings, seals, gears ,bushings are good no wear. control valve spool good no wear .From previous threads i have read i am not getting fluid . any advice?

WILIBUSTER

is there a different way of filling the system than through the pump? want to get it going in the morning I have 360 yards of mulch to move

shawneecat

Occupation
Retired
That's a good reason to change the power steering pump filter on a regular basis.

WILIBUSTER

thank you! had already done that and always have. I have her up and running !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate the reply.

DirtIsMyName

I am new to this, but we have a 67 580ck -not steering at all the wheel just spins. Have pulled off the steering pump everything looks in good order. removed the relief valve, checked that . All lines to the cylinders are good have removed the cylinders and rebuilt also and reinstalled. I am not sure if I am bleeding the system correctly. also checked the relief valve in the control valve. Am i headed in the right direction, my husband is getting frustrated with me and I am getting frustrated with my old girl. I have had her for 22 years and have been able to keep her going before. If anyone can give me any advice i would really appreciate it. Thanks:)

I copied that from your other thread. This is the same problem? The filter was the cause of this problem?

WILIBUSTER

No, the filter wasn't a problem at all, as I told the cat I keep up to date with that. I was only happy to get some sort of reply which is why, I said thanks.I had pulled the steering pump down , pump is perfect, relief valve was the prob . Ihave all of my mulclch moved now if it stops raining i can keep on working.