• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580M turbo steering prob?

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Dont know if any the case mechanics can help. The 580M 2 I run is having problems with the steering. Compared to SL's, SM's and deeres the machine sucks with any weight on the front. Anything heavy hanging off the front the wheels wont turn unless moving. I know this is typical though of alot of machines.

The problem is, now full bucket of sand or gravel is enough to lock the wheels up. Not moving I get about a 1/4 turn of the steering wheel and thats it. Normally no problem what so ever. Somethings not right. The tires have plenty of air in them, the steering piston doesnt have any leaks, plenty of fluid in the tank.

Any idea's? Its getting to be a pain in the rear in tight spots.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Start by checking relief pressure - around 2500psi - try to adjust if req.
Could be problem with priority valve sticking (located in loader control valve)
Those steering reliefs don't normally go out of adjustment - could be stuck open...