• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

650k John Deere dozer

tedcarter60

My 650k John deere dozer won’t idle up only thing I’m seeing on the panel is def filter powering down the machine please help if you can

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Ted;)!

When you post the serial number, please post any codes that are active or stored in the monitor.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Your inlet NOX sensor fault combined with the filter ash being moderately high is what is derating your engine. The NOX sensor issue needs to be diagnosed and repaired. There is an Aftertreatment NOX sensor test that can be performed, but unfortunately, you need the dealer with Service Advisor to perform that step. That test is usually performed for diagnostics and post repair to make sure the sensor fixes the issue. Most likely, the sensor is bad, but first make sure the intake and exhaust system are sound with no leaks, missing plugs, loose sensors/probes, etc. Also, make sure the sensor module has good power and ground. Then a service regeneration (Parked Cleaning) needs to be performed. Again, the dealer may have to do this if it cannot be initiated through the monitor.

Do note, with a calculated ash level high code, a service regeneration may not be able to solve the issue. Service regenerations are for soot levels being high. After regeneration, the soot turns to ash, so if the ash level is high, then the DPF needs to be cleaned. If it needs to be cleaned, then the dealer will have to be involved to "reset" the ash loading model so the ECU knows that the DPF has been cleaned.

Last edited:

tedcarter60

Put in new nox sensor now all the sensors are replaced brand new and my dozer still throwing the same codes and still doing the same thing won’t idle up I suppose the dealer has to send a service man to reset the computer I hate the dozer that uses the def fluid I’ll not own another one not if I can find a good 650G model dozer best John Deere ever made for logging

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Put in new nox sensor now all the sensors are replaced brand new and my dozer still throwing the same codes and still doing the same thing

Yep. New sensor won't fix a thing until high ash load is solved. I think the DPF will have to come out and be cleaned, then a reset performed from the dealer. A reset, by itself, from the dealer won't do it.

if I can find a good 650G model dozer best John Deere ever made for logging

Agreed. Actually, I think the "G's" was their best dozer ever, period.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
We just went through that same thing except for the DPF ash code on our 2656G loader and it turned out it was two broken exhaust manifold studs. Not saying that that's what your problem is but that can lead to nox sensor issues also.