• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

690 E LC system controller

Hellbound

690E LC
S/N : 553966
I am stumped. No lights at system controller. Runs in bypass as it should.
Was a slight basket case when i purchased a few weeks ago. Pack rat got into a few wires. G50 was damaged in battery compartment. Found a couple of other damaged grounds as well as cleaned chassis grounds.

From what i can gather form limited diagrams wires color coded to main conection behind seat then color and numbered past. I can not find G50 in cab to test back to batteries. Does anybody have pin numbers for controller to locate G50 which i assume is brown maybe?

P.s switch panel powers up in I and changes to P unable to change. Power setting will change auto throttle will turn on and off, track speed will change. Swing lock stays on. All makes no change to machine.

I suspect i am missing a ground somewhere. But leaning towards bad controller or switch panel?

Steve Austin

One thing i have encountered on the 690ELC there is and induvial black ground wire that runs in harness from the negative battery terminal to controller. When i changed batteries i left it off it fell down behind batteries. It caused the controller to do weird things and hydraulics would slow down at times. I do not remember wire number. Later on, i run into a customer that has done the same thing his controller would be ok for a few minutes than start acting up.

Hellbound

One thing i have encountered on the 690ELC there is and induvial black ground wire that runs in harness from the negative battery terminal to controller. When i changed batteries i left it off it fell down behind batteries. It caused the controller to do weird things and hydraulics would slow down at times. I do not remember wire number. Later on, i run into a customer that has done the same thing his controller would be ok for a few minutes than start acting up.
Think that may have been it bad connection in it or associated relays i went through all of it at each of the connections and pulled all of the relays. Everything appeared to be good put it back together and it worked like a charm. Machine is a beast at full hydraulic power.

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
Make sure your high idle is to spec .If it drops 150 rpm then hydraulics may be very slow or shut down.