• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

82-30 Crawler.

graemets3

Images of early GM crawler taken at Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia in 1992. Even though decalled as a Terex, my thoughts are she is a Euclid 82-30. Maybe a fellow member can confirm. Unusual bonnet, air cleaner treatment. It was great to see the old girl in action with that old 6-71N singing away.

Attachments

• 8230#1 (Small).jpg
    8230#1 (Small).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,971
  • 8230#2 (Small).jpg
    8230#2 (Small).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 5,295
  • 8230#3 (Small).jpg
    8230#3 (Small).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 4,751
  • 8230#4 (Small).jpg
    8230#4 (Small).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 4,877
  • 8230#5 (Small).jpg
    8230#5 (Small).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 5,145

JDOFMEMI

Euclid was the original company, later changed to Terex, which was at one time owned by General Motors.

That dozer looks a little bigger than an 82-30. I am thinking 82-40 or 82-50, but I could be wrong.

JDOFMEMI

Your right.
I should have noticed the blower on the side. Must be a 6-71, or the older 110-??

Just seemed like the undergear was bigger, as well as the rippers in the rear pic.

I was never around a 82-30, but spent time on a few 82-50's with the V-12 in them. Once you got used to running it like you were mad at it all the time, they pushed pretty good. Just don't try to lug that V-12 like you would the big inline 6 in a Cat. They had a pretty big speed advantage over the D-8K's and D-9H's we had.

Northart

82-30

Surfed the net looking for a 82-30 picture. Notice the Terex name on the casting in front,under the cylinder. Also in the top of the dozer blade??? at least I seen it on others there.

Ha, somebody painted it Cat yellow. Seen that happen before. LOL

Attachments

• Terex 82-30.jpg
    Terex 82-30.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 6,451

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
C6/82-30:

Hello Northart,

This is a picture of the old C6/82-30 we had at one time... I think it was about the time it changed to Terex... but it still had Euclid on the casting in front... which was the hydraulic reservoir, and also contained the hydraulic pumps... :cool2

You might have seen it already... it's posted over in the mechanical Logging thread.

It was actually a decent dozer, and I liked it... just a bit too big for what we wanted....

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showpost.php?p=91666&postcount=11

OCR... :)

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
thats a very late model 82-30 looking at the body panels. mine is a 76 (43xxx sn) model with J-120 Carco winch, arch and an 12' SU blade and it looks completly different. it really looks like an 82-20 from the body panels.

alleyoop

Occupation
I am the house forman but dont tell her that
The c6 had a garwood hy. pump up in the nose,under the hy. cyl.

surfer-joe

I would be fairly certain that it is a C-6 Euc. I operated one for a while in Vietnam and I liked it very much, Another I ran was in Colorado southeast of Denver. It had a humongus U-dozer on it however, and it was not nearly as nice as my first one with a straight dozer. It didn't help that we were pushing scrapers with it in Colorado either. That huge U-blade made it difficult.

I helped a fella overhaul a C-6 transmission in northern Michigan in the mid-seventies. What a mess! The transmission was way ahead of it's time and very complex, especially to someone that had never been into one before. (both of us)

I always loved the sound of a nice 6-71 inline in the C-6. Loud and lusty they were. The only thing better was the rear engines in the TS24 scrapers, usually no muffler and VERY loud!

alleyoop

Occupation
I am the house forman but dont tell her that
The c6 was made for a push cat the is why they back up so fast,and they was a good logging cat and you allways new where they were and working,they were called the tattle tail cat.

Markat425

I've got the remains of a terex resting in a fencerow here. I never found an ID plate on it, it's labeled as a Terex though and has C-6 stenciled on the hood. It is cable lift and has the air filter can accessible from the operators platform. Since it is cable lift, does that mean it is older then the machines posted here?

surfer-joe

truklodyte,

You may be thinking of Eimco, usually with a Detroit or a Cummins mounted in the rear. There are pictures of them posted on this forum somewhere.

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
Markat425 I would suggest getting a picture and posting it so others may see it and help you Identify it ,or give you tips with restoration.

Markat425

truklodyte,, I'll get some pics of it,,, although I think I may need help posting them. I will not be doing a restoration. The iron rodents (scrappers) have hit it a few times. They took the easy to get off stuff... like the upper part of the tracks,, the pipes over the platform,, etc. After the previous owner abandoned it, I inquired about new tracks for it. It ran great but the tracks and sprockets were shot. I quickly decided not to spend 10K on just the tracks,, especially after I discovered the machine didn't have any antifreeze in it. Just water,, and I found this the following spring..