• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

930G No Start

onpoint11

Well im pulling my hair out at this point. Machine ran great after a service. My customer went to plow with it about 2 weeks later and it supposedly started and ran then slowly lost power and died. They got it restarted and parked. I came down the next day figuring gelled filters or something. Not the case. Had a multitude of injection pump codes for the VP30 in ET. Went through SiS diagnostics and determined injection pump failed. Got a new one. Set motor to tdc and pinned the pump like SiS says. Swapped. Put everything back together, primed fuel system and nothing. Just cranks. Just pulled it all back apart today, and verified #1 is on TDC and the pin drops right in the pump through the gear. #6 is on exhaust stroke for sure. Leakdown tested #1 and #6 to verify #1 was on compression. Now when cranking im getting black smoke but it will not fire.

930G - TWR0123 is the SN

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Positive air shutoff?
Blocked air intake?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Black smoke indicates to me the injection system is playing, at least to some extent.
Cranking speed high enough.?
Any significant starting issues prior to this.?
Fuel pressure while cranking.?
Any chance of a blocked fuel fitting somewhere.?
Total hours on engine.?

onpoint11

Little update, after an entire day of double and triple checking and bleeding etc, i got it fired last night. Now it starts and runs like it should. New issue thou is every once in a while the exclamation point will flash and engine rpm will go to zero but the machine runs fine. Shut it off and restart it and its back to normal. No codes in ET

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
New issue thou is every once in a while the exclamation point will flash and engine rpm will go to zero but the machine runs fine. Shut it off and restart it and its back to normal. No codes in ET
I wonder if the monitor ECM software needs updating.?
Did you have ET hooked up to it and datalogging when it played up.? If not it would be worth a try.