• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

930K Bucket won't tilt

MackRD

Evening Gentleman I would appreciate it if you have any insight into my problem. I've been racking my brain on this one.

Machine Information:
Make: Caterpillar
Model: 930K
Serial: RHN00940
Year: 2012
Hours: 2,971
Active Trouble Codes: 350-03, 351-03, 352-03, 353-02

Situation at hand is as follows:
Machine arms can raise and lower normally, but bucket will not rack or dump. When the joystick is moved to rack the bucket it is followed by no response from the machine, but when bucket is dumped it is also followed by no response AND this is when the monitor indicates a Critical Implement Lever Sensor Fault shutdown and machine lift and tilt operations lock up. The machine does have the ability to drive forward and reverse even with the critical implement lever sensor fault. I checked general conditions of both tilt and lift sensors and both appear to be fine with no obvious signs of damage, disconnected wire plugs and established that pins are clean and voltage is 23.30+/- volts on both tilt & lift sensors with key on, engine off and 28.14V +/- to both sensors with engine on. 5 volts +/- supplied to the signal wires on both sensors. Moving to the joystick, voltage was checked at the initial connector and then again at the ECM input and both yielded almost similar results 2.88 v - 3.98 volts (Lift y-axis) & 2.99 - 3.19 v on tilt (x-Axis) depended on movement of joystick. Output signals from ECM to raise & lower solenoids yielded 8-10v +/- but ZERO voltage output to rack & dump solenoids. In crossing solenoid wires from raise/lower solenoids to rack/dump solenoids was able to get bucket to rack/dump, but then raise/lower function would not work. Continuity was confirmed from ECM output to solenoids, joystick to ECM input and Tilt Sensor to ECM. Is there a sensor that dictates to the ECM to release voltage to the solenoids or is this ECM a potential issue? Kindly let me know your thoughts. I greatly appreciate any input.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Firstly, kudos for posting a Serial Number and plenty of details.

Your Codes
350-03 - Lift Linkage Position Sensor : Voltage Above Normal
351-03 - Tilt Linkage Position Sensor : Voltage Above Normal
352-03 - Lift Lever Sensor : Voltage Above Normal
353-02 - This is not a Code associated with your machine. Can you double check and confirm.

See the attached for troubleshooting procedures.

Attachments

• UENR0289-06 - PWM Sensor Signal - Test.pdf
    141.2 KB · Views: 5