• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A couple of old Cats I used to operate.

Nick Drew

Resigned
Occupation
Plant operator
:) Here are a selection of old Cat Excavators that I have operated in the past.

225DLC
212BFT
215DLC

Attachments

• Cat 225DLC & Me.jpg
    Cat 225DLC & Me.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 960
  • Cat 212BFT & Me.jpg
    Cat 212BFT & Me.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 943
  • Cat 212BFT & Me. 01.jpg
    Cat 212BFT & Me. 01.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 921
  • James King Cambridge Job 009.jpg
    James King Cambridge Job 009.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 940
  • James King Cambridge Job 010.jpg
    James King Cambridge Job 010.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 951

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
those old machines were nice, couldn't beat them. I got an old 235 in my yard as a spare machine. Starts up better than my 345.

Cat-Peter

Occupation
excavator operator
Yeah

I also liked them older 200 series machines better.:drinkup
Last machine i had as an owner-operator was an 215D LC,was an dream to operate!
I miss them!

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Back in the days when excavators were bare bone basic no electronic crap you had a am/fm radio if you were lucky and no air conditioning.

I was playing with a 2007 290 Linkbelt Highwaker Roadbuilder the couple days ago. Turn the key on and all kinds of lights and buzzers come on. Nice machine but way too much electronic stuff. I was a smooth machine it seemed a little slow even with the rpms revved up.

CAT245ME

Occupation
Cat 972H Loader operator
Over at work we have a 245B shovel that screems every day as it is digging in the rock. It is a wonderfull sight.:D

murray83

Occupation
jack of all trades....master of none
First ever machine I sat it was a 205LC (I was 7 years old) so I've always had a thing for the 200 series.

I think my favourite machine of all time is a 215,very meat and potatos no electronics and was so easy to do servicing its a small machine that dig just as well as anything on the market today,if I have the chance later in life to obtain an excavator it'll be a 215.

I always got a laugh at younger operators at Gulf who hopped into a 215 or 235 and wouldn't have a clue how to walk it forward or side to side and would get so flustered and bark and scream or one that busted the glass out of the door as he slammed it in fustration lol.