• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A couple questions on a Case 1155D

Nicker

I just bought a 1155d with a 4 in 1 bucket and rippers. Thanks to all of you for the advise. This is just a great machine and I'm having a blast playing with it. I primarily bought it for a motocross track but I'm finding all kinds of new projects to do all of a sudden.

It has 4 forward speeds and 4 reverse speeds. Can I switch gears while it's moving?

How do I know when the track is tight enough? Pumping in grease is easy but I don't want to go to tight and stress the Yoke.

Are there any issues with this make and model machine I need to watch out for?

Thanks!

Turbo21835

I dont think you will have a problem when it comes to switching gears while the machine is moving, its done all the time on dozers. Not something you really wana make a habit of tho. As for tracks. You will need a manual to determine how tight you need to make them. It will have the numbers you need. Once you know that, the procedure is as follows.

In an open area, put machine in a 2nd or 3rd gears, go forward, dont use youre brakes, let the machine roll to a stop, do the same in reverse. This takes any tension out of the tracks leaving them lay loose. Then lay a straight edge on top of the grousers from your center roller to your front idler, and check from the center roller to the rear sproket. Measure from your straight edge to the lowest grouser. Not sure on exact numbers, but on a lot of dozers i have ran, 2 inches seems to be the norm from strait edge to grouser