• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A real track loader

malcolm

Hi guys how about a 12 hour day in either of these

Attachments

• john b misc_0015.jpg
    john b misc_0015.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,269
  • john b misc_0012.jpg
    john b misc_0012.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,148

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
yup that would make for a few aches at the end of the day! but still better than diggin by hand.:D

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
What kind are they and when were they built?

JDOFMEMI

Well, at the time they were used, they beat the next best thing.
I like the first one, and would like to see it in action. Drive forward to load, back up straight to the truck, and dump over the back.
Hope the roof holds up good.
12 hrs on one of them would still beat 12 hours with a shovel, but it should make us all appreciate the modern gear that much more.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
The top one I'm quite sure is a Cletrac--my Dad said he used to own one and he said it was always very hairy having that bucket pass over you,but it would save on time.This comes from an era when men were men and sheep were nervous.:D

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Top one is an old Eimco over loader with the rocker type arms. the bottom I think is a Cat tractor with a hyster shovel attachment. My neighbor had an old Hyster unit to fit a D7 with a Dragline attachment and it also had provisions for a shovel and hoe.

I cant remeber the power unit on the Eimco later units were eimco that one is either a Cat or AC unit. The Cletrac your father ran was probably equiped with a Sargent overloader. They had a lower bucket with a trap door at the bottom. The Cletrac also had a wheel under the nose of the tractor.

cummins05

Alex runs to finning for a new machine when his track loader gets dirty

Never mind having a machine that didnt offer air cond as a std feature LMAO

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
mr burnout, i pray you find yourself on a 977h for a season.