• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A very bad week......

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Just an update after 14 months of grief with the piece of crap laptop the store where I bought it replaced it with a Toshiba l500 satellite. So fair play to them as I was given a full purchase price replacement...

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
well stock think about this our fd radio system went offline for about a day because some sob crashed in to the radio tower so we had to dispatch all 911 calls by phone until they fixed the tower

In Houston they stole the copper wire to the towers.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Well see as some one else resurrected this thread I can't fault the Toshiba............

Bryan1

Well as we're off the grid here I decided to build my own computer for less than a grand. The final price came out at $1,195 after I had to get a 512meg graphics card just to run winblows 7.
The puter spec's
motherboard Zotac quad core wifi
CPU i5-750
ram 4 gig
HD 2 off 500 gig
LCD 19" wide screen
DVD burner
psu 8-32 volt DC 250 watt with a 350 watt surge

I used my existing mouse, keyboard and puter box. This puter has run now for close to 12 months with no real problems apart from the fact trying to run most 32 bit programs refuse to run after install. The most frustrating thing was as I do electronics my ICD2 won't run on winblows 7 so although I can can program on it, to transfer my program to the pic micro controllers i use a 4 gig usb stick and transfer the hex file over to my 1 gig celery shed puter.

Cheers Bryan

dirty4fun

I bought a H P laptop a year ago. It was back to the shop so many times the only way I can keep track is all the bills. Finally HP took it back and rebuilt it, I had asked for a new one. They told me it was to old, three months. I bought a printer at the same time, H P, the computer wouldn't talk to the printer. Finally after four months and many promises they sent me the correct CD to load the drivers. Some days it works, many it doesn't. One thing I will never buy another HP anything, service was rotten, slow, and just plain stinks. Now the key board is acting up, maybe I will make a You Tube video of blowing it apart with a shotgun.