• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A walk through the local demo contractor's yard

skyking1

This is a couple of blocks from my shop, and I had said I would get a picture of a 977 for the big CL thread.
Let's begin with hammering things.
Some carcasses to be rebuilt?
PXL_20210610_181308193.jpg

A field of breaker bits.
PXL_20210610_181311518.jpg

more hammers
PXL_20210610_181739391.jpg

The ball tip and flat tip break slabs without sending frag into your windows. I have used a round tip like this one when I worked for them.
PXL_20210610_181555295.jpg

Crummy

You used to be able to get some good deals on equipment when they had the sales yard & hard to find parts too. If Wayne is still in the shack at the west end of the yard say 'hi' from the guy that bought the Hitachi crawler crane and had to move it off-site that day because the owner was so pissed.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Thanks for the photos. It's been a long time since I've been in there.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Wonder why they have the hammers on machines in the horizontal position as it's bad for the seals.

I do like that hammer stand though.

hammer stand.jpeg

joe--h

My stupid question for the day

What's on the other end of the magnet for power? Big extension cord or ?

Joe H

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Most the scrap handlers I've had to inspect in the last twenty years have had an extra hydraulic circuit added to the machine that drives a hydraulic motor which drives the generator set. I don't know the voltage that the system runs at but the cords between the magnet and genset were three wire and each wire was 2/0 welding cable. There is switching in the cab that will turn the magnet on and off as needed. All this is horribly expensive to purchase and install on the machine. They were all set up to run an orange peel grapple as well.