• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A25c no gear select

PHDiesel

Hi all,

Have a volvo A25C. Truck will not select any gears forward or reverse, and the alarm buzzer sounds when you try and select a gear. Contronic display unit also not working so am unable to retrieve a code
Cheers

SlatcoAu

Hmm, could be a few things. I would check and make sure that you are building full air pressure on your brake system prior to putting in gear. Another thing to check would be the rpm range when attempting to put it in gear. If you are over 900rpm it won't go into gear.

PHDiesel

I am wondering if it is linked to the display unit not having any power, because I also found that the ECU2 which provides information to the display also has no power.

Transmission ecu has 24v supply in pins 2, 20, 16 and 17, and the gear selector has power going in and out

PHDiesel

Got the contronic working, found one of the fuse holders that supplies power to ECU2 loose. Service display is showing transm.comm ER

SlatcoAu

Got the contronic working, found one of the fuse holders that supplies power to ECU2 loose. Service display is showing transm.comm ER
Oh boy. Been there in the past. Hope you are not going to suffer the same fate.....

GuzBR123

Hi,
allowed the problem?
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the a25c, on the a35 I was able to manually shift gears.