• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adding 3rd aux for coupler.

keif

I bought a used engcon and I need to add a 3rd aux to my tb260 for the coupler. Do yall have any recommendations? I talked to my sales rep to see if Tak has a 3rd aux kit but haven't heard back yet.

I would like to be able to couple and decouple in any position(not just at full curl like some systems)

I bought the Engcon ec206 with 3 buckets, a brush and a set of pallet forks. Really looking forward to working with it.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I am sure that Taki has a kit for that. My 257 has two aux couplers plus another for the aux coupler. Its about the same size machine.

keif

I am sure that Taki has a kit for that. My 257 has two aux couplers plus another for the aux coupler. Its about the same size machine.
My dealer is working on putting it together, just slower than I would like.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I am curious if you don't mind sharing, what did you pay for the Engcon?

keif

It was right about 15k. It's a 2019 ec206 with pallet forks, brush, 18"bucket, 24"bucket and a 44" engcon scandi bucket. I thought the quick coupler valve stuff was made into the unit but it just came with the warning light/buzzer that goes off when uncoupled.

It has some play so I'll need to put 500-1k more into rebuilding it. I'm still very happy since my local friendly engcon dealer quoted me almost 80k for the some setup:)

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
80K for an Engcon of that size? Thats insane, not even close to market value. Who is going to buy an Engcon that costs 1.5-2X the cost of the excavator itself?

keif

80K for an Engcon of that size? Thats insane, not even close to market value. Who is going to buy an Engcon that costs 1.5-2X the cost of the excavator itself?
Yeah, $$$! I was expecting maybe half that for the package so I started searching used.

To be fair the 80k included the installation :) and I think a new 260 is about 90-100k these days.

keif

Looks like my Takeuchi dealer installs a Strickland coupler kit, not oem parts. Still waiting on the price for it.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Strickland is the Takeuchi supplier for hyd. coupler, they also supply buckets for them. Its not your dealers doing, Strickland is OEM. I have the Strickland on my 257. I ordered it from the factory with the hyd coupler.

keif

Strickland is the Takeuchi supplier for hyd. coupler, they also supply buckets for them. Its not your dealers doing, Strickland is OEM. I have the Strickland on my 257. I ordered it from the factory with the hyd coupler.

Can you uncouple in any position? Or do you have to curl the bucket all the way in order for it to activate.

Re: strickland, Awesome. Most of the taks ive seem around here have TAG buckets and couplers(most wayne Roy/but a couple hydraulic) The machine i bought from Colorado had a work brau manual.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You depress a button on the floor by your right foot, depress trigger on left handle and you have to rotate coupler in either direction to force it to go over relief. I have about 800 hours on it and so far, it works well. I will pass this along. I sold my old TB153 with the 2' bucket and just for simplicity I ordered a Strickland 2' when I ordered the machine. The 2' Strickland was noticably smaller capacity than the 2' Werk Brau bucket I had. After learning that, I made the dealer swap out the Strickland for another WB bucket. Just a heads up in case you order the Strickland bucket. I would check your getting the capacity in the bucket you want.

Last edited:

keif

I ended up ordering a machine side kit from Engcon. Was cheaper than the Strickland, it uses the sensor in coupler to verify proper lock and you can lock/unlock the coupler without the stupid to full curl the bucket. Just waiting on it now.

keif

IMG_8568.jpegIMG_8569.jpegIMG_8571.jpegGot the Engcon kit. Gotta get a bunch of lines made and cram it it there. Wasn’t expecting it to have a nitrogen accumulator.