• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

aftermarket grade control

dialedin

Occupation
farmer
I've got a 2008 cx80 case excavator and i've got a bunch of ditching to do; is there any system that anyone can recommend that i could setup on my machine that will give me depth and grade control? I've been having a second guy take rod readings whille we trench but its taking forever and awful time consuming. any guidance would be great. Thanks

GEORGIOS198217

I am looking for a system of 2d with just slope control to have the opportunity after some years to do it 3d. The most i need some information for this system because I don’t know much.i am located in Europe

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Any basic 2d machine control will do slope off a laser. You need a laser that will slope but it must be in a straight line or you will need to move it every time the angle moves.

3d machine control uses a total station with control points. You either make them or a surveyor sets them for you. It typically works off a prism on only one side of the blade using slope, and rotation sensors to control the rest of the blade.

Lasers are more accurate and run off of 2 sensors one on each side of the blade.

A machine control panel activates a custom made valve that attempts to keep the sensors on the beam.