• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Always wear your seat belt

skyking1

Glad you are OK to post about it. Rollers can be deadly boring. I spent a few too many hours trying to stay sharp at night on a fill. Plenty of opportunity to screw up there.

Zewnten

We just had that, but the guy wasn't wearing his seat belt. Luckily he was thrown up hill, some how.

skyking1

i was working nights on the Dam job, and they wanted to keep me around so they put me on anything to stay busy. I was rolling all the haul roads with an SD150 and rolling this high road over the valley, when they turned off the light plants across the river from me. The roller did not have any lights and I was working the edge.
Full stop!!
I fumbled around in my lunch bucket and got my "night shift flashlight" out and got my arse off that high bank and down the road.