• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another Test

Tinkerer

Create a hyperlink.
A hyperlink can be as simple as one word or several.
I see them posted here from time to time.
Pasting a web-address in the link creator (looks like a chain link) that is in the toolbar at the top this message only results in the full web-address getting posted.
As most of you reading this most likely know that the toolbar does not appear in a message after it is posted.
If you use gmail it has a quick simple way to create a hyperlink in a new message.
This is an image of the link creator that is available in all HEF new un-posted messages.
pink.jpg
I may be doing something wrong but I can't seem to create a hyperlink with it. I may as well just paste the web address in any message I create.
I think hyper-links make messages easier to read and look uncluttered.
Below is a gmail hyper-link creator and it works quite well.
gmail.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
If I'm following what you're saying correctly I believe I have that function disabled. There have been too many times in the past where a photo hosted by hyperlink has been removed and then we have a thread with a bunch of red X's. If pictures are to accompany a thread they must be loaded to our server so they may be enjoyed indefinitely.

Tinkerer

Aha!
Thanks Steve.
That explains it.
I know it is a trivial thing. Computer challenges are like waving a bone in front of a dog for me.
I keep after them until I figure it out.
Kinda like Vetech and his ongoing dilemma with all the work left to him by the dummies he has to work around.
20 minutes after I posted this --- I found a hyperlink to the CNH parts book. It was posted by alrman. :)
He has it figured out ! Just like anything made by Case.
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/case-580se-parts-manual-index.91765/#post-1006109

Last edited: