• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any seasoned wrenches on CTLs? CAT 299D, got a few issues.

ahart

Here’s this in case you find yourself needing it.

Attachments

• 299 lift arm R&I .pdf
    444.5 KB · Views: 13

Tree Mulcher

The above procedure is well worth studying.

To just get the link out -

Secure the booms in a position that will allow the removable pin to be removed from the link. remove the pin.

Rotate the link 180 degrees to allow the link to clear the boom arm and slide out horizontally under the boom.

Keeping the boom relatively low makes it a little easier to remove the upper pins particularly if the blue flame wrench is necessary. Hopefully yours will be trouble free to remove.

fastline

Fastline can we get an update on your progress and what your finding?
Ah yes, had more urgent fired to put out. Trucks and other toys down. I did try to tweak the loader frame back with no success. Chained off one side and jacked on the other. It will take more force and a new plan.

The link has to come out but I need to ensure I have other bodies around to help.

Ridinhigh1500

Occupation
Dealer Lead Tech
FYI if you remove the loader arms make sure you block the back of the machine. If you don't the machine will fall over backwards. The PDF above does a good job describing the job. Taking the loader arms off can be pretty dangerous. Every time I did it while I worked at CAT dealer they always shifted really bad when they came loose. The hydraulic press can be purchased through your local Parker store.

fastline

Appreciate the replies guys. Been super busy but got over to machine to try and get some filters done to assess machine a bit. To none of my surprise at all.......the F'n hydraulic filter seems to be missing parts. Basically I suspect it wasn't even filtering. It looks brand new but looking at the diagrams it appears there would be a center plastic core? It appears pretty much ALL D series anything uses this filter unit. Personally, I simply can't determine how in TF that thing seals at the bottom? The canister is Aluminum and slightly angled on the bottom.

The old filter appears slightly compressed (axially) so I am simply not sure what that means but hard plastic against Aluminum is not a proper seal. I am basically confused here and hoping for some insight? More or less i'm a it steamy that this system likely was not filtering for who knows how long. Some people should not own tools!