• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

arcalloy rods

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
Just your standard 308 stick rod. Used on the low end of the 300 series stainless 301-305, most common being 304 and a few different flavors of cast stainless. We used to use them as hot fill and cover on stainless pipe after a TIG root before wire really took off.

petepilot

Just your standard 308 stick rod. Used on the low end of the 300 series stainless 301-305, most common being 304 and a few different flavors of cast stainless. We used to use them as hot fill and cover on stainless pipe after a TIG root before wire really took off.
thanks j` I thought they were for stainless but was`nt sure, I don`t get into stainless very often

Welder Dave

I know this is an older thread but 309 or 312 are good for dissimilar steels. There are also specialty type rods similar to 312 for difficult or unknown steels. 308 stainless is most commonly used to weld 304 stainless.