• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aux hyd. On 247b won’t stay running

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It’s a 2010 247b
Sorry machinery doesn't work like vehicles with model years. We're going to need a Serial Number, MTL-something I would imagine.

The title says "Aux hyd. on 247b won't stay running". By that do you mean the Aux Hydraulics actually start up but then stop again when you release the thumbwheel roller/push button switch.?

Have you tested anything yet.?

Jerome Madson

Sorry machinery doesn't work like vehicles with model years. We're going to need a Serial Number, MTL-something I would imagine.

The title says "Aux hyd. on 247b won't stay running". By that do you mean the Aux Hydraulics actually start up but then stop again when you release the thumbwheel roller/push button switch.?

Have you tested anything yet.?

5B1B1216-71C8-4BA8-A704-907C11AE2F59.jpeg

Nige

As long as I hold the roller it runs
This is how I think it works. I'm not 100% sure, maybe someone else can confirm.
The roller signal tells the ECM to energize the auxiliary hydraulics. When pressed, the button on the LH joystick provides a "latching signal" to continuously engage the aux hydraulics.

I would suggest to find the 12-pin wiring harness connector underneath the LH joystick. Unplug it and use a multimeter to check the continuity between Pins 5 & 6, you should find it is open circuit. Press the front RH button and you should have continuity. Do the same test for the rear RH button between Pins 5 & 8. Post back with what you find.

upload_2023-2-3_20-30-32.png

Brou7501

i cant get my continuous flow switch to work either. Im just looking for some ideas does this have a fuse or relay that can go bad. I don’t have the operation manual and doesn’t tell me which each fuse is for. Any info would be great. Thanks advance

Nige

This is how I think it works. I'm not 100% sure, maybe someone else can confirm.
Confirming what I posted above. This is definitely how it works. The thumb roller turns on the system, the press-button on the LH joystick provides the latching signal.
i cant get my continuous flow switch to work either.
First need a Serial Number to identify the correct electrical schematic for your particular machine. I can send that to you once we've identified the correct one. I'll post up the fuse layout as well once we have a S/N.

Does your Continuous Flow not turn on at all, or it turns on but won't stay on.?

Brou7501

247b Mtl01923. The aux. Hydraulic run with the rocker switch but when i hit the continuous flow button ( on the left joystick, lower left button as far as my schematic shows) and release everything they wont stay running. I am the new owner of this machine and don’t know if they previously worked.

Brou7501

am i just checking to see if there is power there. From the line digram it looks like those have nothing to do with the continuous flow switch?

Nige

am i just checking to see if there is power there. From the line digram it looks like those have nothing to do with the continuous flow switch?
Effectively continuous flow depends on two signals. You have the first one from the roller switch, but it appears as though the "latching signal" from the LH joystick push button is missing. The LH joystick C1 push button sends a voltage to pull in the C1 continuous flow relay. The C2 button sends voltage to pull in the C2 relay.

I sent you an electrical schematic. Check your messages.

Last edited: