• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aux hyd. On 247b won’t stay running

Brou7501

i was able to check the left joystick buttons out , c-1 and c-2 work along with the continuous flow had horn they all ohm out the same amount so I take that as working.
the one thing I did notice was that if I am holding the roller switch in and hit the continuous flow switch multiple times (3) the hydraulic flow stops (so it is doing sone thing) and then I have to reset the roller switch to get flow again.
I also flipped the hydraulic hose on the implement so i know both sides of the roller switch works with flow
Does the latching signal go to a relay or solenoid that i can check or straight to the ecm?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
At the LH joystick.
1. With the key ON, do you have power on Pin 5, wire #120 yellow.? (Measure between Pin 5 and machine frame ground)
2. Press button C1. Do you have power on Pin 6, wire 781 Pink.?
3. Press button C2. Do you have power on Pin 8, wire 782 Grey.?
4. Follow wires 781-PK & 782-GY on the schematic. They will lead you to Grid G-8 where you will find Relays C1 & C2 located on fuse block #2. See if these relays pull in when you press C1/C2 respectively.

1686185842305.png

1686185970876.png

Brou7501

I was able to check relays c1 and c2 both working suppling 12.3 volts to the round plug sitting above the auxiliary hydraulic hookup left lift arm, pin letters c & d. Let me note the electrical plug does not have any jumper wires in the dust cap and this implement ( brush cutter) does not have any electrical hook up just two hydraulic hoses

Last edited:

Nige

Sorry this on fell through the cracks. I also have to apologise I was sending you the wrong way on the AUX side.

To activate continuous flow to the AUX hydraulic system you need to roll the thumbwheel in either direction then straight away press and release the continuous flow button on the LH joystick. That is the button on the LH side of the stick directly behind the horn button.

1686410349709.png

Brou7501

The hydraulics run forward and backwards that all works we just can't get them to lock on to continues run postion so we can take our finger off the thumbwheel, all switches work going to the ecm it just won't lock to continuous run, so we went to Cat and they checked it out with Cat ET and the ecm is telling them it is getting a signal to lock in to continuous run but it does not do it

Brou7501

I don't think so the flow is controlled by a electric variable solinoid it works on thumbwheel it just won't lock . I believe it is not getting a locking signal from the ECM

Nige

The "locking signal" is sent to the ECM from the Continuous Flow (rear LH) button on the LH joystick. Did you confirm that side of it was working.?

If you disconnect the 70-pin connector at the Machine ECM there should be continuity from Pin 39 (wire # P993 Orange) of that connector to machine frame ground when the Continuous Flow button on the LH joystick is pressed.

Zac93

I have had a customer with a 247B also that could not engage the continuous flow, turns out they just weren't releasing the thumb wheel fast enough, if you hold it for a split second too long after tapping the continuous flow it won''t engage.

Brou7501

sorry for the delay, we've had to put the machine back into production we will attack the problem later, thanks

Brou7501

The relay in the ecm was not working properly. Still trying to find a replacement one or i might just install a locking switch to turn it on and off with. That is in parallel with the rocker switch.