• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aux Hydros Not Working!

tdrewcock

So my new to me 2002 Cat 246 has been great up until today. I fabbed up a snow blade for it and rigged it up to my aux. hydros. Turned everything on and no aux. hydraulics at all. Cannot get continuous or button operated. Checked the service manual but switches are pulse width modulated and need oscilliscope to test or needs to go to Cat dealer for ET diagnostics. Any help would be appreciated before a pay 150 an hour down at Cat. Thanks.

dsichewski

So my new to me 2002 Cat 246 has been great up until today. I fabbed up a snow blade for it and rigged it up to my aux. hydros. Turned everything on and no aux. hydraulics at all. Cannot get continuous or button operated. Checked the service manual but switches are pulse width modulated and need oscilliscope to test or needs to go to Cat dealer for ET diagnostics. Any help would be appreciated before a pay 150 an hour down at Cat. Thanks.

I'm thinking its possible that maybe the aux hydraulics were disabled via cat et and just need to be turned back on?

I had one time on a new 160m series grader the turning feature shut off from factory...went in with cat et enabled it and worked perfectly fine...