• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

back up alarm wiring for bobcat

93CobraCPR

I have a 04 S250 and want to put on back up alarm. There are two wires on engine door, are these for back up? Is a toggle switch needed to activate?

I was also wondering the wiring diagram for 7 pin and 14 pin attachment connection?

thank you.

Yellowdog

Can you send a picture?
Unless you have the lights removed, the wires should be for the backup alarm. Should be plug and play. Not sure about your machine and whether or not it has a fuse removed for that application but the machines, as far as I know, come from the factory wired and ready for an alarm. I disconnect my alarms since I work in the woods, away from people. I just wrap the wires up and plug it back in if I need it..

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Man, I'm glad we have a real Bobcat guy here... my sales "background" simply doesn't cut the technical knowledge!

Yellowdog

93CobraCPR said:
I have a 04 S250 and want to put on back up alarm. There are two wires on engine door, are these for back up? Is a toggle switch needed to activate?

I was also wondering the wiring diagram for 7 pin and 14 pin attachment connection?

thank you.

I wonder if the wiring diagram is still the same for 800 series machines? My 863 C series was 14 pin but the G series went to 7 pin . Had to rewire a grader attachment..not cheap.

The service schematics I have are for the 863c/h. Has the 14 pin but the handle functions are a little different now. I doubt the diagrams would work. Really confusing schematics to look at!

Last edited: