• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Band Saw

Old Doug

I always wondered how useful a vertical bad saw would be but i didnt want to get in deep money wise before i found out if it was some thing i would use alot. I have a cheap horizontal band saw that i use alot on stuff that is to be machined. I got another in the junk so i wanted to make a stand and small table for it. I mounted it on a disc blade but i wount to build a 4 legged stand now. I am going to make a blade cover also.IMG_20210613_132845.jpg

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
If it doesn't work out for you it'll be handy for cutting meat carcasses like venison and beef etc:)

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
I wish I had room for a real vertical cause they are pretty handy. I have a portaband set up as one I use for cutting random bracket, tabs and stuff like that all the time though.

Old Doug

I have never been around one but i have a wood band saw its handy. The bands seem high thats one reason i havnt got one before. There are several used ones on the market i think because of being replaced by plasma cutters.
I`d like to find some of that stuff:p
It becomes food grade when it needs to it. All so kills germs .