• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Beware the emissions police

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic

So, we've had this discussion over and over. Guys outside the US bragging how they don't have to comply. Some guys in the US actually bragging how they thumbed their nose at the rules and defeated/ deleted systems anyway. Well, with all this 'globalism'. Enforcement is becoming more and more prevalent with peoples lives being turned upside down. Remember, think before you do.

skyking1

indeed. I had a 6bt but darling wife (DW) was very fond of the common rail I brought home, as we could have a conversation in it.
When I rebuilt it, I kept all those stock parts on there. The only thing I did change is the camshaft, and that did wonders and is also not an obvious delete.
The most that truck will get is a freshened up stock turbo and injectors as time goes by. No twins, and always a cat converter where it should be.

crane operator

That's some pretty steep fines. Over a million for two of the companies.

Curious that one of the agencies involved was Homeland Security. What they have to do with enforcing epa regs - I would be interested to know.

Truck Shop