• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bob Ont

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
Hello Triscuit: Please accept my deepest condolences on the passing of your father. I was fortunate enough to work as an apprentice under Bob when I worked at Crothers many years ago. It was only for a short period but he left a lasting impression on me for his professionalism, calmness and the need to sometimes think outside the box when looking for solutions.
I recently rejoined the Ontario Cat Dealer and although it was after Bob had retired his name still came up on a regular basis. He was always spoke of in a highly respected manner and anyone that apprenticed under him or worked with him will agree that they became a better Technician and person for it.
I heard about his passing through an internal email and unfortunately was working out of province when heard the news, otherwise I would have paid my respects at the funeral home.
Once again please pass on my sympathies to your family, Scott.

Welder Dave

I just saw this thread too. So sorry to hear of Bob's passing. He helped me with my 931B more through forums and e-mails than I think a dealer could have with the machine right in front of them. He knew these machines like the back of his hand and knew all the tricks and short cuts to get them working right, whether it was fitting 2 seals to keep the throttle shaft from leaking or a simpler way to adjust to adjust the brakes and steering clutches. It's not often you find someone who is so willing to share a lifetime of knowledge with others. What's even more fascinating is if Bob told you something, it was on the money 100%. Bob leaves a legacy that most can only dream of! My deepest condolences to Triscuit and the rest of Bob's family.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I am sorry to read this. Bob seemed like a good man. My condolences to his family and friends.

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
I was driving along the Niagara early on the morning heard the news of Bob.
It was still dark that early as I looked up his way, thought of him and said a prayer or two.
Made me think of the song. ... "It's not what ya got. ...It's what you give. It's not the life You choose. ....It's the life You live."
Rest in Peace Brother

oarwhat

I just found this sad news. I wondered whey I haven't seen him post. He helped me with a few issues on my 980's both on and off the forum. Great guy, knowledgeable and spent the time to help others. I know this is late but I very sorry for your loss.

etd66ss

I think of Bob just about every time I use my D6C. It was my first tracked machine I ever bought, knew nothing about Dozers and UC's but Bob's help gave me the confidence that I could own/operate/repair my own machine.

I conversed with him through email much more than on the forums, was just a top notch person. We seem to have less and less people like Bob these days.

Honky Cat

Yes Bob sounds like the best of the best!

There are alot of knowledgeable peoplw on here i have found out. I feel good about advice on here that helps newbies like me.

Good luck in the future:

Honky Cat