• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 100 excavator questions

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Hi guys,
I've found a Bobcat 100 excavator for sale... The ad says there's an injector pump problem, haven't talked to the owner yet so I don't know more details... The price seems OK, $4000 CDN, is this a good price for this unit if everything else is in good condition? What engines are in these machines? What are they like to run compared to the more modern ones? I've only run the newer 200 and 300 series bobcat excavators and really loved them, much more than my dad's cat excavator... What are some other things to look for on these machines aside from the usual undercarriage, pins/bushings on the arm and rotek bearing? Any hints, tips, tricks and info would be very much appreciated!

bigbob

We had a Bobcat 116 years ago, was a Komatsu PC 40-6. Proably a Komatsu machine with a Komatsu/Cummins engine in it. You should be able to get parts from Komatsu. What year is it? Ours was a 1989.

spitzair

Update, sorry it took so long - I looked at it and passed on it. Somebody had butchered a VW 4 cylinder diesel engine into the machine. That engine was seized solid. Then the dipper on it was a homebuilt affair, with a bucket off of a 7 ton machine. It was totally worn out and the bucket cylinder was bent on top of that. They wouldn't budge on the price so I left it there... What a basket case!

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
Sounds like a seller problem rather than an "injector problem"!!

Surely it is against the law to advertise a problem which doesn't exist or to try to pass it off as something else.

If the digger was capable of digging a hole the poor thing ought to bury itself!

spitzair

Here's a few pics I found of it... Yeah, I wasn't too impressed that when I got there and looked at it I found it seized solid. It had obviously run out of coolant and cooked itself good...

Attachments

• 100_2598.jpg
    100_2598.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,636
  • 100_2599.jpg
    100_2599.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,582
  • 100_2602.jpg
    100_2602.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,738