• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 334 D Erratic movements of the aux thumb

ibc

Occupation
concrete
I am recently having an issue when I press the Aux button on the panel to operate the thumb toggle. As soon as I press the button on the panel the engine sounds strained and when I go to move the thumb it jumps back and forth, moving erratically. Anyone have this issue before? 2500 hr machine with about 1000 hrs on the new instrument panel. Anyone have this happen?tempImageJOtx3P.jpg

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If my information is correct, the switch operates a proprtional valve in turn operates the option spool.
You could choke one line to thumb and see if that makes the control smoother.
Kind regards
Uffex

ibc

Occupation
concrete
I am recently having an issue when I press the Aux button on the panel to operate the thumb toggle. As soon as I press the button on the panel the engine sounds strained and when I go to move the thumb it jumps back and forth, moving erratically. Anyone have this issue before? 2500 hr machine with about 1000 hrs on the new instrument panel. Anyone have this happen?View attachment 289405
Update: wires were fried and grounding against one another. Took them out one by one, wrapped in heat shrink, reassembled, done.

Attachments

• IMG_3492.jpeg
    IMG_3492.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4