• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 435 Control Issues

DGODGR

My '06 435 (+/-2300 hrs) has developed a problem between the lever and the function of the dipper and, (today I discovered) the boom. There is about a seconds delay between the movement of the lever and the movement of the dipper (or boom). Even if I move the lever to the stops. Once underway it seems to work OK until I change direction or center the lever. It is affecting only the crowd and boom circuits. Bucket curl and swing are not affected. I am running Cat controls. It feels as though I am waiting for fluid but I am not getting any nasty noises like those associated with oil starvation. As I am typing this I am beggining to suspect the pattern changer. This only affects the boom and dipper controls. The Bobcat dealer is stumped and can't get the machine in for about a week (I don't want to take it there anyway).
Has anyone else had this problem? What should I be looking for?
Thanks, in advance, for your help.

DGODGR

Problem solved! As I was writting the post last night, it occured to me that the problem may be with the pattern changer (since only the crowd & then the boom also were affected). I checked the selector this morning and the lever was between selections. I pulled it into the correct position and everything is working fine now. The selector is in the cab (behind your right heel) and I must have accidentally kicked it the other day. I like the convenience of having it in the cab, and not needing any tools to change it, but I would like to see a design that would better prevent incidental changes to the selector.
Maybe this thread will help others in the future.