• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat 773 hydraulic line from filter to pump (?)

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I need to find out who made an aluminum suction "stinger" for a pump last week.

Got sent up with paper towels in the ends to keep it clean. Good thing I checked before putting it to use for the customer, was plumb full of metal from them cutting and threading it. Not to mention nothing deburred so was razer sharp. Ripped open a hole in a not even day old set of gloves
Furguson

Welder Dave

Usually slightly longer is better than shorter but sometimes the factory hoses are too long and can rub on something.

tfran

Oh man. I didn't even think about that! I should always be checking it and making sure he cleaned it out well before installing!!! :(

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Oh man. I didn't even think about that! I should always be checking it and making sure he cleaned it out well before installing!!! :(

Pretty common for hose shops to cut, crimp, and go. One should at least blow some air through the line to remove heavy debris from assembly. Cat hose shops typically run a cleaning sponge through hose assemblies that they make, but most independent shops don't

IceHole

I never thought of doing that. I usually spray solvent or brake clean through them unless I trust they are clean.