• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat M-series excavators

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I was just wondering if anybody has tried any of the new Bobcat M-series excavators. I was also wondering if they built and designed the new E-80 machine? Or is it just another rebranded Schaeff/Terex machine? I also noticed they got auto idle finally. Oh something else to mention they have a new teeny tiny excavator called the 418 I guess its to compete with Kubota's K008-3. It's got a couple aces up its sleeves like zero tail swing and instead of levers like that on a tractor-backhoe it's got joysticks.

http://www.bobcat.com/excavators/models/418

http://www.bobcat.com/excavators/mseries

TomG

The E-80 and E-60 are made by there parent company, Doosan. The biggest M Series machine Bobcat designed and is building is the E-50. The company i work for has ordered a E-50 and our dealer says we will have it by the second week of July. I would highly recommend that anyone steer away from the E-60. We were looking to buy one and I compared the E-50 and E-60 and the E-50 beats it in pretty much every statistical category. I mentioned this to our salesmen and showed him the comparison, and he showed it to the dealership owner and they canceled there order for all the E-60's and are ordering E-50's.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah I was wondering. I know the 442 was made by Schaeff/Terex and I ran one a few years back it wasn't a bad machine but all the parts came from Europe and the hydraulic fittings were an odd thread size which made it difficult to replace hoses for the tilt bucket. I was kind of hoping that Bobcat had gotten they're act together and manufactured everything up to the E80 themselves. Oh well if I ever do buy myself a mini-excavator I'll stick with Kubota, Komatsu, or even John Deere. Which by the way I ran a "50" John Deere not long ago and for the most part really liked it but the cab was hard to get in and out of.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The E-80 and E-60 are made by there parent company, Doosan. The biggest M Series machine Bobcat designed and is building is the E-50. The company i work for has ordered a E-50 and our dealer says we will have it by the second week of July. I would highly recommend that anyone steer away from the E-60. We were looking to buy one and I compared the E-50 and E-60 and the E-50 beats it in pretty much every statistical category. I mentioned this to our salesmen and showed him the comparison, and he showed it to the dealership owner and they canceled there order for all the E-60's and are ordering E-50's.

Although the BC may out spec the Doosan made mini, will it run? BC's credibility in the mini ex. market had taken a few hits over the years. They need to get this M series machine right.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Well I've heard from one source that the E-80's are junk too, damn shame that Doosan bought Bobcat. I ran a 435 last year and wasn't all that impressed by it, I liked the idea of a hydraulic quick change but I don't really like that it doesn't have any commonality with other brands, I was kinda hoping that they would redeem themselves with this new series but they seem to be getting worse.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I dunno, I spent 6 months researching mini's before buying mine. Komatsu and Deere make a nice unit, imo better than cat. They cost as much or more as a cat though. In the end I bought a Takeuchi tb53fr because the dealer needed to sell it bad -20k for 70 hrs. & because they are a quality machine and I have the best service for them in the area.

I will say this for the tacheuchi fr's, if you offset the boom all the way to the right, you have the visibility of a large conventional hoe, and because the boom goes overcenter and lays back, you can dump in a dumptruck thats right tight to you, and not only can you dump in a triaxle, but you can reach prolly 20' high if you need to...

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah we hardly have a dealer for Takeuchi here so I doubt very much if I buy one.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I dunno, I spent 6 months researching mini's before buying mine. Komatsu and Deere make a nice unit, imo better than cat. They cost as much or more as a cat though. In the end I bought a Takeuchi tb53fr because the dealer needed to sell it bad -20k for 70 hrs. & because they are a quality machine and I have the best service for them in the area.

I will say this for the tacheuchi fr's, if you offset the boom all the way to the right, you have the visibility of a large conventional hoe, and because the boom goes overcenter and lays back, you can dump in a dumptruck thats right tight to you, and not only can you dump in a triaxle, but you can reach prolly 20' high if you need to...

The Takeuchi TB series of machines will spoil you from ever owning another mini. The side to side boom is a great piece of gear. Not only can you dump with ease in to trucks but with the center of balance being the center of the machine you can lift a lot of weight with it as well. Once TK gets the aux. flow up where it should it will dam near be perfect.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
How are people liking the Kubota excavators? I see on they're website at least in Canada that they released they're new compact track loaders.

Summit

I have a 06 KX161-3, bought it new, 24k less than the 305cat and out worked it during the 1 week demo. i was hessitant about buying the Kubota and not the cat at first but it has been an awesome piece for sure. we are looking for at stepping up a size and the KX080 is at the top of our list. i didnt like the takahuchi at all, after 1 day i told them to come get it. didnt try a komatsu or deere.

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
Love the Kubota's, I have a K008-3 and a KX41-3. Very smooth, powerful and pretty fast - maybe not as fast as the Tak (never drove a tak - not a fan of the 'basic boxy look', the long dozer blade which could be restictive in tight spaces and lack of little things like fuel gauge e.t.c)

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah I'm thinking about maybe the KX008 or a KX41 so I can dig where others can't. lol Also thinking about either a small tracked skid-steer or a wheelbarrow on tracks kind of thing.

strott

Occupation
Yeah I'm thinking about maybe the KX008 or a KX41 so I can dig where others can't. lol Also thinking about either a small tracked skid-steer or a wheelbarrow on tracks kind of thing.

I have wheelbarrows on tracks too!! Great machines to have, an actual wheelbarrow is too small against a K008 e.t.c. you can fill them with one bucket!!

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I have wheelbarrows on tracks too!! Great machines to have, an actual wheelbarrow is too small against a K008 e.t.c. you can fill them with one bucket!!

Lol, no doubt I'm thinking about getting into digging swimming pools, ponds, foundation work, and small demolition jobs, so I know I'll need a machine to haul material in and out of tight places, but a Bobcat is nicer when I need to load directly into a truck, so I've got a few things to figure out.:)

strott

Occupation
If you were running smaller kit, you could get a set of ramps to track the dumpers up into the vehicle that you are loading!! (depends how big the truck is though!!)

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I suppose if it's a single axle- three tonne or four tonne size. But I think in order to keep costs down I'll probably hire out trucks there is enough of them around here and I know a few people who have they're own. I have even considered the use of conveyors and hoppers. Oh well I've got the time now to figure out what I want to do before I make the big leap in a couple of years.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
What do you mean by "grab" trucks? Maybe show a picture too. lol