• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T320 won't go into fast mode

amcphee

Hello guys. My first post. I have a 2008 T320 that wont go into fast mode. No codes, Bobcat did not fix. Wondering two things? What could it be? I went through and disconnedted all connectors, cleaned them with Deoxit Gold. Have not tried it yet because I am cleaning up under the bab. Second thing, where can I get a shop manual for this unit. It has joysticks, not levers. G series

Mbar

Local bobcat should print you off schematic page. That’s really all you need. Follow hoses out of drive motor to block with selonoid in it. One will be brake one will be two speed. Check for 12 volts when two speed is engaged. Controller is by your left foot. Use schematic to check input from joystick to controller and out put from controller to solenoid

amcphee

Thank you Mbar for quick respons. They want to sell me the manuals and wont print off schematic page. I guess I will have to just ohm them out to see if I can find a bad solinoid. Are you saying there is one solinoid for fast and one for slow speed or there is a seperate line only for fast speed to the motors? My 331 mini x has the seperate high speed line actuated by a solinoid. Attachine the parts exploded view of the block. Do you happen to know which is which?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-13 8.21.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-13 8.21.52 PM.png
    562.2 KB · Views: 4

Mbar

The block you are seeing there is the main control you need to trace your lines coming out of the motors and it will lead you straight to it. And no you only have one solenoid for high speed the other is for brake. If your are doing repairs yourself and not familiar with the working on these machines a shop manual is money well spent

amcphee

Thank you sir. I am an electrical engineer and familiar with hydraulics, pneumatics and controls. I did purchase the full shop manuel, and it is definetly money well spent. The solinoid coils should be aournd 10.5 ohms. I am restoring the unit, and will check them out this weekend, weather permitting and let you know what I find.

Mbar

As a side note bobcat controllers are notorious for loosing a single function. If you have to replace the controller it will have to be programmed once on the machine.

amcphee

I tested the solinoids they were all areound 10 ohms, so likely not a bad coil. The machine is new to me and I bought it with the fast mode not working. The bobcat shop had the unit and they said they changed the controllers out and it made no difference. Still no fast mode. However, my experiance with the depth of knowledge of the technicians iat this bobcat place is that they are rgood procedure readers and parts changers, but not really good technically. Bobatak, have a procedure on how to enable fast mode? That may help.

bobatack

bobcat-deluxe-instrumentation-panel-close-hero_hs_low.jpg

if you have this type of display then the following should help

Mbar

You need verify that you have 12 volts going to the coil when high speed is activated. Also changing a controller will not answer this question unless two speed is turned on on the new controller. If you know your controller has two speed activated and you have a wiring schematic and a meter this is about a 20 minute job to find the problem

amcphee

More info. The codes that are thrown are both swash plates are out of range. Traced wiring and disconnected conectors, cleaned with Deoxit Gold and reconnected. Ohmed out wiring from swash plate sensor and servo valve connnections to computer.. No issues. Drew up the pin out to computer for later refrence.

Could his error cause it to not go into high speed.?

Going to check 12v to HS coil by doing as you said and tracing the motors to the right switching valve. Will let ya konw

amcphee

Checked all the coils, they are all around 10 ohms. No issues. Wiring traced back to controller. All ok. Followed the motor hoses to a different than the one I showed above. It does have a solinoid on it and the solinoid checks 10 ohms.

Two codes thrown up that are left. Swashplate left and swashplate right out of range. Highly unlinkely both having issues, could it be it needs to be calibrated?

Will stry high speed test to see if I get 12 v and let you knoow

amcphee

Disconeeced the coil on the smalll lines that come from the motor. Well, thats the Parking brake. It had 5 volts on it all the time. Reconnected it and the Parking light quit flashing.

As for the speed, hitting the rabbit increases up to 49 and wont go higher. The swash plates sill show out of range

amcphee

Also, since this is a new machine to me I dont know the operator or master code. Is there a default one I can use to get into the machine? Do I need it to calibrate?

ozarkag

Two codes thrown up that are left. Swashplate left and swashplate right out of range. Highly unlinkely both having issues, could it be it needs to be calibrated?
Worth a try to calibrate, if nothing else the failure code might shed some light. Although might not be able to calibrate with swashplate codes.
With your speed limited to 49% its possible its speed limited due to swash plate codes?

You don't need master code to calibrate. Only way to get is to take your serial number and proof of ownership to a dealer.

amcphee

Attached are the drawings. I do not see any solinoid for high speed speed as you said MBAR.

The SN is A7wp12266 with the sjc option.

Attachments

• wiring 6.pdf
    484.4 KB · Views: 3
  • wiring 5.pdf
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Wiring 4.pdf
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
  • wiring 3.pdf
    167.1 KB · Views: 0

amcphee

I rean the hydrostatic pump calibration. During calibarion everything worked and the tracks ramped up to fast in both directions and ramped back down and stopped as the procedure said. However at the end of the calibration, the last step is to press the left joystick in the reverse positon till you hear beebs then reverse calibration is complete. Then "There will be an audible beep and the PRESS TO OPERATE LOADER and TRACTION lights will go out and the SEAT BAR and LIFT AND TILT lighst will remain on" I got the audible beep but the lghst did not go out.

75-39 and 75-41 swash plate sensor out of range high still in error. No fast speed.

HELP>>>>>>PLEASE