• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T320 won't go into fast mode

amcphee

Pulled track to look at motors and repair worn steel. Found both motor speed sensors not connected. How could this unit run wihout them hooked up? Also the controller on the right side back of motor facing the motor from the back is nto hooked up to anything.

JBrady

I don't know that I can help you much other than to say that the motor speed sensors are not connected on my S250 either. I believe there is a sticker on the connector saying something to the effect of "speed sensors not used after software ver.xxx"

amcphee

Thanks JBrady. I went ahead and made up a harness and connected them then ran the calibration procedure again. Got a code DR03 now, so probebly not used. Still gettting the swash plate codes, and this time after the calibration, the unit wont move a all. Going backwards here... urgg. Any and all advise would be much appreciated. I really dont want to pull the motor and pump

amcphee

Well, went ahead and pulled the motor and replaced the pump with a new Bosh/Rexroth. Hooking up hoses this weekend. Will let you guys know.

bobatack

DR03 is not a code related to your problem
DR is for Drive Response
DR can be set to DR01 for slow response on drive
DR02 is medium response
DR03 is more sensitive response

amcphee

Thanks guys. I just finished replacing the hydrostatic pump and the right hand final drive (was leaking around seal) All case drains replaced, all hoses replaced. Unit calibrated with no codes!!! On the new rex roth pump, the connector is way different and I had to buy triangle plugs from amazon, soldered and connected them. I also had to buy the plugs for the motor speed sensors from amazon and make a jumper harness. Everyting seems to work but two things...Imagine that:

1. The new drive motor I put on is running backwards opposite the other. I am sure the hoses were put on right. The servo wiring plugs for the hydrostatic pump checked, no issues found. You cant get these backwards.

2. When I replaced the hydrostatic pump, dropped the pully and the sheave broke off two small pieces. I filed them and put the sheave back on. When running, it seems the pump vibrates more than the old one did. Could a little bit of mass cause the imballance? Where can I find another one. They are pricy at Bobcat and cant get ahold of them elsewhere.

amcphee

Well guys. Checked behind my son. he had the hoses reversed on the new drive motor. :).

As for the vibration, still a quesiton if you have any experiance

Mbar

Wouldn’t think that would cause that much vibration. Bearings ok in tensioner. Motor mounts correct and tight ? Hydrostat mounted correctly?

amcphee

I wouldnt think so either. I checked (but will double check again). Bearings ok on tensioner, motor mounts correct and tight. Hydrostat mounded correctly there is no other way to mount it. I have access to a vib pen. Any idea what is good or bad in mills?

amcphee

Any idea how to set this idler stop (39)? Is it only used for locking the idler to change the belt?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-14 7.55.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 7.55.26 PM.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 2

amcphee

also how do the engine mounts go onto the machine. The exploded picture does not show it attaching to the frame, just the engine/pump frame, not the machine frame mounts. We mounted them with the bolt and rubberized washer on one side of the machine frame, then the big rubber between engine frame and machine frame. When this was done, the spacer was too long to allow the bushing to compress.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-17 10.43.35 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-17 10.43.35 AM.png
    461.7 KB · Views: 1

amcphee

installed noew shieve for power band belt. Vibration calmed down some. Have new engine mounts to install will keep you guys informed. The other issues previously written about have all been corrected with the fixes I have written.

amcphee

Hey guys. Quck question. How to the motor mounts install? I want to make sure they are on right. Is the red line where the bottom frame is, so the bolt is the only thing on the frame side?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 120219.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 120219.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1