• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat t590 drive belt tensioner sleeve install?

Bigfun

I've removed the damaged sleeve and tried to shrink fit install the new one without success.
It felt like if i could tap the sleeve in while shrunk the sleeve would seat.
But i may have to remove engine in order to gain clearance for a hammer swing?

Shop manual is on it's way.
Has anyone installed the sleeve without pulling engine? How'd you do it?

ozarkag

Keep us informed. . .
I ran into this question last week, dealer sez they're not fun. . .

Bigfun

Well, i received the service manual and it was no help.
This is what i did .
To remove the sleeve i cut the head off a bolt that would fit into the sleeve and bottom out on top of the threads in the casting.
I then welded a nut, i think 7/16ths 18 0r 20 thread count grade 8, to the top of the sleeve. Then screwed a grade 8 bolt into the nut and it bottomed out on the previously cut bolt.
Just walked the sleeve out.it helped to give the sleeve some taps with a hammer.

To install the new sleeve , 1st try was using liquid nitrogen but i couldn't force the sleeve in by hand and there's not enough room to use a bfh.
So i cut the chisel point off my air hammer chisel and luckily the shaft was a perfect fit for the sleeve. I removed the electrical and hydraulic brackets that were in my way.
Made another trip to my local welder supply and he gave me some more liquid nitrogen.
Then hammered it home with the air hammer.
I was thinking i was going to have to pull the engine so it worked out great.

John V

Well, i received the service manual and it was no help.
This is what i did .
To remove the sleeve i cut the head off a bolt that would fit into the sleeve and bottom out on top of the threads in the casting.
I then welded a nut, i think 7/16ths 18 0r 20 thread count grade 8, to the top of the sleeve. Then screwed a grade 8 bolt into the nut and it bottomed out on the previously cut bolt.
Just walked the sleeve out.it helped to give the sleeve some taps with a hammer.

To install the new sleeve , 1st try was using liquid nitrogen but i couldn't force the sleeve in by hand and there's not enough room to use a bfh.
So i cut the chisel point off my air hammer chisel and luckily the shaft was a perfect fit for the sleeve. I removed the electrical and hydraulic brackets that were in my way.
Made another trip to my local welder supply and he gave me some more liquid nitrogen.
Then hammered it home with the air hammer.
I was thinking i was going to have to pull the engine so it worked out great.
Dang, sounds like a job n a half! Just pulled my tensioner off my t740 and found the sleeve is banged up good. Might end up having to do this.