• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcats - batteries leaking

xkvator

hi
glad i've found this forum...always interested in learning from experience & others opinions.

i have a 1998 751F that i bought new & the battery has always leaked and corroded the tray,etc. I take it out often/neutralizing the acid, etc.
a friend bought a 753G a couple years later and had the same problem, only worse...deteriorating the engine paint on that side, etc.
both machines had been back to the dealer under warranty & checked out - nothing wrong with charging systems. they replaced his battery twice & repainted.

I bought a 2003 331D & that battery does the same.

Has anybody else encountered this and how did the dealers handle it?

my 751 battery is OEM and will probably need replacing sometime in the near future...not with a bobcat brand battery.